[OM] OM body - versions

Subject: [OM] OM body - versions
From: <Rene.Glad@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 12:27:52 +0200
Hi guys and girls!

I am new at this so please bear with mee if this is incorrect >:o)

I have started collecting OM-equipment, and have found several interesting
pages with lots of information.
However I do have some questions you might be able to help on!

I found a list with supposed all Zuiko lenses produced by Olympus.

Is there a similar list dealing with the camera-bodys in particular?
I am wondering of which models comes in chrome, black, titanium or even gold.

I have acccuired a number of different OM1 - models, and I am now wondering:

Is the first OM1 (the one not originally intended for winder / motor-drive)
produced in both a black and a chrome versions?
Was there ever produced an OM2 not intended for winder / motor-drive?
How many different special models - gold or what ever - has been produced by
Olympus or others?
I Came across an OM1n "gold" -version on E-bay just the other day, but as far
as I can tell from various web-pages, only the M1 and the OM1 was ever produced
as a "gold" version by Olympus.

Is ther any litteratur - as for Leica - describing the history and camera
models from Olympus - I am thinking the M - OM series!
The chance of getting hands on a M1, how big is this? I never saw anything for
sale, only pictures and descriptions, and what would be the general price for a
M1 - body?

Thanks!

Best regards

René Glad