[OM] Re: OM body - versions

Subject: [OM] Re: OM body - versions
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 15:19:27 +0000
The two at KEH -- I just bought both of them.  Sorry.

Just kidding.  I'm not a collector, so they don't particularly appeal to me.
They're both still available, and here's the link:

http://www.keh.com/shop/product.cfm?bid=OM&cid=02&sid=newused&crid=10520445

As far as the one on *Bay with the scratched-in number, it doesn't look to be
dug in too deep and, although requiring great care, shouldn't be too difficult
to fix, though fixing it may depreciate its value as a collector piece as much
as the number already does.

I recently bought a 4.5x6 Mamiya 120 back.  It functions perfectly, but some
dolt had scratched numbers on both the top right side of the plastic rim of the
insert and on the metal memo holder.  These numbers had absolutely no effect on
the functionality of the device, but their presence annoyed me enough to make
the effort to remove them.  The one on the metal was easy: a few seconds with
increasingly fine grades of sandpaper and a couple of coats of Testors enamel
took care of it.  The numbers in the plastic were a little more difficult,
requiring going from finer and finer sandpaper grades to 0000 steel wool, then
to some Flitz and the Dremel, finishing with some jeweler's rouge.  Numbers are
gone and you can't tell they were ever there.

I wonder if the morons who scratch numbers on their stuff write their names in
their undies too.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from