[OM] Re: [OT] Any virus checker recommendations?

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Any virus checker recommendations?
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 18:07:40 +0200
FWIW I just installed a laptop to send to my son until I can get him a
pear ;-), anyway these days antivirus is not enough

I installed kerio personal firewall, it has to be installed before you
connect as within seconds of connecting to an ISP a virus attack was
discovered and blocked

I had a copy of norton 2000 which when I installed it seemed to work.
but I would use avg

I then set firefox as the default browser and thunderbird for email.

I also installed adaware.

But don't take my word for it follow the link in my previous email.

now if only I could solve my E-300 350D or E-1 dilemma I would be
content :-)