[OM] Re: [OT] Any virus checker recommendations?

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Any virus checker recommendations?
From: Earl Dunbar <edunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 18:54:28 -0400
Chuck:

I am biased, as I have been a contract employee of Symantec in the past,
and was even offered direct employment with them as an SE, though I
could not take any of the positions offered.

I run NAV on two WinXP machines here at home, and have not had a single
problem.  I would discount the issues you cited.  How do we know these
people had properly configured, healthy machines before they installed?
McAfee has improved, but their business practices in the past were awful
and soured me on the company forever, probably unfairly.

Symantec used to offer a money-back guarantee (30 days I believe) for
any reason.  Not an adequate compensation if you have real problems, but
at least something.  I don't know if this policy is still in effect.  I
still have friends at Symantec, if you really want I could try to find
out about the guarantee.

Just my 2  cents/kopeks/pence/etc.

Earl