[OM] Re: [OT-ish] PC vs Mac - A SERIOUS discussion, and opinions wanted

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT-ish] PC vs Mac - A SERIOUS discussion, and opinions wanted
From: "Jon Mitchell" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 23:13:56 +0100
OK, so I apologise in advance if anyone gets offended by anyone else's
opinions on Macs or PCs.  Everyone has opinions, and so long as people
aren't saying "you're stupid for using system X over Y" then I hoped
that people may be able to help me decide without causing offence.

Nonetheless, to preserve the good nature of the list (and given that
this topic has in the past fallen into a bit of an inferno !) I would
respectfully request that any further replies to my question (the more
the better) should be made to me off-list.

I should reiterate that although I am considering a Mac, it is not a
replacement for my PC - merely in addition to it.  I plan to get a new
machine specifically for "Multi-Media" applications, and began to
question whether a PC was best for this specific task.  I wouldn't buy a
2-seater sports car if I wanted to go off-roading, and I wouldn't buy a
big heavy 4x4 if I wanted to take it on track-days or racing (to relate
it to another volatile thread, I suppose !).  Horses for courses, etc.

I have been very happy for the last 6 or so years doing audio recording
/ editing / manipulation on several PC machines.  Very happy indeed.
Just wanting to be sure that I am not missing out on something better.

Thanks for the help already received, and any extra advice that people
can send me off-list.  Sorry again for any offence caused as a result of
my thread !

Jon