[OM] Re: [OT-ish] PC vs Mac - A SERIOUS discussion, and opinions wanted

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT-ish] PC vs Mac - A SERIOUS discussion, and opinions wanted
From: Philippe Le Zuikomane <zuikomane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 01:01:03 -0500
Jon,

Check for peripheral support, but you may be able to add a Mini-Mac to your
stable and just switch CPUs or just run both (use a KVM switch if you like).
Relatively inexpensive, starting at a bit over $400. Nice software package,
too. Look at www.dealmac.com for best deals of the day. Or look for a
warrantied, Apple-refurbished machine at the Apple Store or www.Smalldog.com.
Or get a nice secondhand G4 tower and zip it up affordably with upgrade parts
from http://eshop.macsales.com/, with input from reviews at
www.xlr8yourmac.com. Add VirtualPC and you should be able to run most of your
old Windows software on it if you wish to. If you go for a tower, be sure to
get a dual processor card and a RAID card to run several drives in an array,
plus max out the RAM. - Phil