[OM] Re: [OT] Any virus checker recommendations?

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Any virus checker recommendations?
From: "Vargas, Antonio (IT)" <Antonio.Vargas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 02:23:46 -0400
Speaking of things McAfee doesn't intend on fixing...  Well they
actually fixed this in subsequent releases but...

An earlier release of version 7 corrupts Outlook Express mail index file
whenever you activate the Email scanning feature.  Your email suddenly
cannot be viewed.  They are there but their indexes are messed up such
that you won't be able to read any of your mails, ALL of them.

McAfee's suggestion was to buy this semi-fix from a third party that
rebuilds your mail and hope for the best.  They didn't even try to see
how they can fix the corrupted files and offer a free real fix.

Good thing the 3rd party software worked well enough. I was able to
restore 95% of my mail.  But after that, goodbye McAfee and Outlook
Express for me.