[OM] Re: Efke/Adox was Safekeeping T20 TTL connectors

Subject: [OM] Re: Efke/Adox was Safekeeping T20 TTL connectors
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 21:05:41 +0100
Cushy job indeed!  I teach youngsters to fly and some of them have
limited aptitude.  But whatever their aptitude there is a period of a 3
or 4 seconds in a landing during which you _have_ to let them do their
thing otherwise they will never learn.  And this aircraft (Grob 118) is
the second most difficult aircraft to teach someone to land (the most
difficult was the F-16, about the only thing that is difficult about
that lovely little machine).

Yes, all right it is a cushy job ;-)  It is enormous fun and very
rewarding when a gawky 18 year-old (girl or boy) suddenly finds the
runway underneath his or her wheels without my hand on the control
column; or when they first feel the rush of aerobatics.

And I don't spend months away from home like the boys on the front line

Chris