[OM] Re: [OT-ish] PC vs Mac - A SERIOUS discussion, and opinions wanted

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT-ish] PC vs Mac - A SERIOUS discussion, and opinions wanted
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 15:08:50 -0700
I am pretty sure that a G5 Powerbook is wishful thinking. The IBM
processor in the iMac and PowerMacs just makes too much heat. A dual
processor G4 has actually been discussed as a cooler alternative. Apple
is already using a liquid cooling system in the G4PB and Steve Jobs
hates fan noise. There is a new IBM processor that may be a likely
candidate, but whether Apple will choose to call it G5 or something
else is a marketing decision. When the G4 processor will be replaced is
anybody's guess. I would think at least a year.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA
http://homepage.mac.com/wincros/PhotoAlbum3.html