[OM] [OT-ish] PC vs Mac - A SERIOUS discussion, and opinions

Subject: [OM] [OT-ish] PC vs Mac - A SERIOUS discussion, and opinions
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 18:56:13 -0700 (PDT)
Jon,
I was one of those devoted Mac fans...when it mattered.
This past Christmas I purchased my first PC.  Not that I did not have any at
home before...they were always no more than a year old and free.
There is not much difference between Mac an PC anymore...except for the hype.
I am also an engineer and used to put up with the fact that some of the
programs I use are not available for Mac, but at present it is not worth.
The Macs used to be MUCH faster and more reliable than PC's, the programs and
devices installed much easier and faster, and that's why the effort.  Not
anymore.
I am surprised how much it crashes.  Your computer has the "specs" of a
wonderful multimedia system.  You should not see any difference while doing any
tasks, but extensive video editing or some gaming.
I would check for hardware conflicts, install Win2K/XP and forget about it...ok
I might upgrade the RAM and/or the video card.
Boris
P.S.  I still think that the Macs are MUCH cooler than PC's...