[OM] Re: [OT-ish] PC vs Mac - A SERIOUS discussion, and opinions

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT-ish] PC vs Mac - A SERIOUS discussion, and opinions
From: Mike Darling <miked2002@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 22:15:48 -0400
On 4/8/05 9:56 PM, "Willie Wonka" <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> P.S.  I still think that the Macs are MUCH cooler than PC's...

Nah, PC's run linux better ;)

If apple would release the details behind their airport extreme cards we'd
have open source drivers. Then I'd put Gentoo on my powerbook and run MOL
(Mac on Linux) and VPC when needed.

FWIW, earlier this year I was taking an embedded systems class where we were
programming motorola microcontrollers using a serial link. While they were
still getting the lab computers up to date, my mac was the one of the only
machines that could actually talk to the development boards. I wasn't the
only one that found it ironic that a mac running XP on VPC would work with
the USB>serial adapters when all the other "USB only" PC laptops wouldn't.

-mike