[OM] Re: FS - Downsizing sale.

Subject: [OM] Re: FS - Downsizing sale.
From: "John A. Lind" <jalind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 23:52:39 -0500
At 11:29 PM 4/10/2005, Fernando wrote:
>on 11/04/2005 01:21, Mike at watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, wrote:
>
> > Andrew, You describe your 65-116 auto extension tube as "optically
> perfect".
> > I was wondering if the "optics' on the 7mm auto tube are also perfect?
> >
> > Mike :>)
>
>And I was just wondering if one could use a 7 mm auto tube coupled to a
>21/3.5 or 28/2.8 mm with similar results as with a 16 or 18/3.5 mm.
>
>Fernando.

Yes . . . but focus distance range would be greater (longer focal length)
and perspective wouldn't be as wide.  Be aware that the maximum focus
distance (lens focus ring at infinity) is exceptionally close to the front
element of the 18/3.5 with 7mm extension added.  It can, however, provide
for an interesting perspective if the subject material is amenable to
getting that close.

An example of a macro made using the 18mm f/3.5 with 7mm auto tube can be
seen here in the TOPE from some time ago:
   http://www.millennics.com/olympus/tope/tope_show_entry.php?event=6&pic=4

-- John