[OM] Re: FS - Downsizing sale.

Subject: [OM] Re: FS - Downsizing sale.
From: "John A. Lind" <jalind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 00:24:55 -0500
At 12:00 AM 4/11/2005, Fernando asked:
>OK, it won't be a very stunning perspective, but it will work - won't it?
>
>Thanks, John.
>
>Fernando.

That depends on the subject material, the perspective you want to portray
and the effect it has.  How stunning a perspective is depends greatly on
subject material and composition.  I let my visualization of the finished
photograph dictate the tools to be used for it.  It's something to
experiment with as time permits so the mind can visualize what it can do.

Looking at the slide again (24mm with 7mm extension) . . . still had it out
. . . it's of a blossom on a tulip tree and the perspective is good (it did
what I wanted it to).  Never had it scanned as the blossom shaded and not
well backlit.  The *colors* look a bit drab and flat . . . an effect of the
lighting and not the optics.  Like the tulip shot, it was very close!  Very
short focal length doesn't do much for depth of field . . . it's still very
shallow . . . which requires stopping down near max to gain focus depth (if
it's desired).

-- John