[OM] Retailer praise

Subject: [OM] Retailer praise
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 07:03:48 -0700 (PDT)
I want to publicly acnowledge a supurb retailing experience.

Last month I purchased an Olympus E-1 Refurb kit through Eb*y
from Cameta Camera in New York. This transaction has been a
great success. Another list member followed up with another E-1
purchase through them a few days later and his experiences have
been very similar too.

Upon initial contact with them after the close of the auction, I
was disappointed that they wouldn't be shipping the camera for
several business days (auction closed on Wednesday, product
shipped on Monday), but the salesman was pleasant enough, and
his "upsell" was comfortable (he convinced me to buy the
extended warranty, but not the skylight filter or kitchen sink),
that I didn't really mind too much.

Ok, the wait was driving me nuts.

The camera and lens arrived in excellent condition. The monitor
protector has some little usage scratches on it (to be expected
from soft plastic) and the lens mount showed that it had been
used. Otherwise the unit was in perfect shape.

However,

Neither one of us had received the tulip lens shade for the
14-54 lens.  A quick call to Cameta and the problem is solved.

"Chearful" and "New York" are not two things that you normally
associate with each other--especially when dealing with camera
retailers. This has been a quality experience and one that
totally suprised me.  Without a doubt, I will utilize them for
future purchases. I'm a B&H junky and will continue to use them
for the bulk of my purchases, but it's always a good thing to
have options.  Cameta is on my shortlist of photo retailers now.

AG