[OM] Re: travel kit

Subject: [OM] Re: travel kit
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 13:44:43 -0300
on 11/04/2005 08:38, Wayne Culberson at waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, wrote:

> I've been there a few times, but still it is not always easy to know exactly
> what to expect.

> ...in SUV's some of the time, so at those times it can all come along.

> But for as close as you can come to a pocket camera, they are
> better for shooting slide film, as it is necessary to use an 81a filter at
> altitudes around 8 to 12,000 feet,
Oh well, I'll try to remember this... why is it so?

> The 35ED cost me a dollar, so I thought it might be
> suitable for wandering the market places of the cities, where petty theft is
> rampant - no big loss if it gets stolen.
I view thefts as how much could it cost (time and expense) to replace the
exact item. Let alone the already taken photos.

> But
> actually there is very little evening anyways, as Bolivia being just below
> the equator, the sun seems to jump up instantly and go down the same.
Yes, quite. Amazing, isn't it? That's why beter pictures could be taken in
late autumn/early spring - at least here.

> Because of that, it is hard to choose a film speed that is really suitable
> for everything.

> But then everything there is in extremes.
Take a tripod... you'll be travelling in a SUV.

Fernando.