[OM] Re: Olympus OM --> Minolta Maxxum adapter

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus OM --> Minolta Maxxum adapter
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 21:00:40 -0700
Olympus User wrote:

>B&H sells an Olympus --> Maxxum adapter.
>
>So, I have two questions:
>
>1)  Does anybody own one??
>
>2)  How does that work?  go with aperture priority??
>
>I'm fairly curious as I might be in the market for a Minolta D7D but
>would still like to use some of my OM lenses..

Hey Albert, long time no hear! How's life?

The difference in register distance between the 46mm of OM and the 44.5
of Maxxum should theoretically make it possible to make a mount
converter without a corrector lens. If it can be done at 2mm for
OM=>EOS, why not 1.5mm.

However, the adapter B&H sells is clearly much thicker than that and has
a corrector lens. Not ideal, but not that bad either. Here is a link to
some further info on adapters in general and those with corrector lenses
in particular <http://medfmt.8k.com/bronmounts.html#opto>.

Like it says, stop down operation only. Whether the metering system will
work or not, I don't know. ONe might need to find one and experiment.
EOS exposure systems work in aperture and manual modes with various
types of MF lenses, including OM. Nik*n D70 and D100 bodies have no
exposure system function at all with MF lenses. The pro bodies do.

This adapter is a new thing to me, thanks for pointing it out.

Moose, visions of OM Zuikos plus IS dancing in his head.