[OM] Re: travel kit

Subject: [OM] Re: travel kit
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 01:19:23 -0300
on 12/04/2005 00:12, Moose at olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, wrote:

>> .... and if the atmosphere is bluish and shinny up there, why not capture it
>> so ?
>>
> Because what your eye sees and likes and what the film sees are quite
> different. To capture it the way you see it requires a filter.

Thanks god I've never travelled before to Bolivia Ecuador or Peru.
Would have made a lot of filter mistakes. Anyway, just for the sake of
curiosity, I would take a picture with an 81a and the next without, if I had
the chance. Then I would decide if I prefer the thin bluish atmosphere.

Now I think I'd better take better care of my 81a. It may have fungus
already. Oh! and it's a 49mm BW silvernose.

And I'm just beggining to read again my first book on filters, before going
to bed: Dr. C. I. Jacobson 'Los filtros y vuestra cámara' 3rd edition. Focal
Press Books, Foto Biblioteca, Ediciones Omega, S.A. Casanova 220, Barcelona.
Been a long time since last read it, and it's good coming back to the basics
once in a while.

Thanks Moose, Mike, Wayne

Good night...

Fernando