[OM] Re: travel kit

Subject: [OM] Re: travel kit
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 19:42:10 -0700

>>But were the snowfields you saw in the pic you just posted really that blue,
>>or the usual blinding white?
>
>>Moose

You're right Moose. It is too blue. I just never corrected the color.
Real life is somewhere between the two examples which you posted. Skies
aren't that blue nor is there much red to be seen except at sunset, such
as in this much lower shot, 3100m, taken from my bedroom window at
sunset. Again a poor scan.
http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/LatinAmerica/CordilleraBlanca/huaraz.jpg
 I  should dig out those slides and rescan with my newer scanner for
comparison. It was very poorly scanned the first time around. The main
reason I posted it was to show the black sky.

BTY it is, as the link says, Parón Pk in the Cordillera Blanca, Peru.
Taken in my young and foolhardy days. As it happened a helicopter did
land where I took the picture.  A Peruvian AF Alloette (sp?)  The only
thing capable of landing _and_ taking off at that altitude.

Mike