[OM] Opinions on E-1 or E-300?

Subject: [OM] Opinions on E-1 or E-300?
From: James Howe <jhoweaa@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 10:19:33 -0400
I've been using my Olympus OM cameras for several years (OM-1/OM4t)
but I find myself being pulled toward the digital world.  Having been
an OM user for quite a while, my first inclination has been to look at
the Olympus DSLR offerings.  I've read that both the E-1 and E-300 are
good but not necessarily great cameras, particularly for their price.
I'm wondering what people on this list who have used either camera
think about that.  For example, is the E-1 too 'noisy', or is the view
finder on the E-300 'too dim'.  For those of you who chose either an
E-1 or E-300 over other DSLRs, what was it that made you choose the
Olympus?

Thanks.
--
James Howe