[OM] Re: WTB Zuiko 24 shift

Subject: [OM] Re: WTB Zuiko 24 shift
From: "Mike Hatam" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 07:42:33 -0700

Uh oh...   looks like I'm going to have to hang around this list for a while
before you'll let me in on this one :)

That's fine - this seems like a great list.  I have several Zuiko lenses
that I'm planning to try on my 1DsII body, so I'll be here for a while :)

Canon is very poor at designing wide-angle lenses.  None of their lenses are
sharp on full-frame digital sensors.  They all get soft at the edges.  I've
tried them all.

Recently, I've been using Zeiss for my wide lenses.  The 18/4, 21/2.8, 28/8,
and 35-70 macro zoom, are the Zeiss lenses I use most.

I recently bought the Zuiko 35mm shift, and I think it's an excellent lens.
This is why I am very curious to try the Zuiko 24mm shift on my 1DsII.  It
would be the perfect PC lens if it is able to hold excellent detail when
fully shifted on the full-frame sensor.

I'm also curious about the Olympus 18/3.5, which I will also be trying soon.

Mike