[OM] Re: Opinions on E-1 or E-300?

Subject: [OM] Re: Opinions on E-1 or E-300?
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 15:44:25 +0100
I bought an E-1 late last year James, when the half-price offer was on
for education; it's probably still available if you press a retailer.
Since then I have been really impressed with its sturdiness and speed
of operation.  Mind you, my sole previous experience with digital was
with a Powershot G5.  The quality of the larger sensor is great, and
the 14-54 lens is great.  I bought the Sigma 55-200 to give me a bit of
"length' when necessary, but I haven't used it much so far.  I have
also bought a cheapie second battery from 7dayshop.co.uk as a backup.
I bought the FL36 and the FL20 for a choice of flashes, getting a good
deal on the FL36 from Warehouseexpress.com

This is all pitched at someone in the UK by the way.

As regards noise, some of my photos are on myfourthirds.com:

http://www.myfourthirds.com/folder.php?id=403

So you can have a look at the, admittedly small, samples there.

Chris

On 13 Apr 2005, at 15:19, James Howe wrote:

> I've been using my Olympus OM cameras for several years (OM-1/OM4t)
> but I find myself being pulled toward the digital world.  Having been
> an OM user for quite a while, my first inclination has been to look at
> the Olympus DSLR offerings.  I've read that both the E-1 and E-300 are
> good but not necessarily great cameras, particularly for their price.
> I'm wondering what people on this list who have used either camera
> think about that.  For example, is the E-1 too 'noisy', or is the view
> finder on the E-300 'too dim'.  For those of you who chose either an
> E-1 or E-300 over other DSLRs, what was it that made you choose the
> Olympus?
>
> Thanks.
> --
> James Howe