[OM] Re: Opinions on E-1 or E-300?

Subject: [OM] Re: Opinions on E-1 or E-300?
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 12:24:25 EDT

In a message dated 4/13/2005 11:12:29 AM Central Standard Time,
piers@xxxxxxxx writes:

My  concerns are not about which digital, but about
generic digital things  like:

Lack of extreme wide angle lenses
Significantly reduced  selective focus capability (too much DoF and no fast
lenses)
Dependence  on battery power (or bulk)

Am I being unrealistic, or  over-demanding?  Any reactions?

Try it, you will like it.

7-14 mm is pretty wide.  Certainly wider than my Zuiko  16mm.

150mm f2 (300mm eqiv.)
50mm f2 (100mm equiv.)
300mm f2.8 (600mm equiv.)

I have the battery grip deal and two of the little batteries that fit in  the
body.  You have to do a great deal of shooting to run the battery grip  down.
 I shoot raw and have about 450 images worth of memory cards.   Where I to
run out of card space or batteries, it would be time to go home  anyway.

DOF might be a problem for some, and perhaps not.

Your membership in ZA is still valid with the DZA.  [8^)  Bill  "Burning the
pixels" Barber