[OM] Digital, digital, digital. Bah, humbug!

Subject: [OM] Digital, digital, digital. Bah, humbug!
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 17:41:11 +0000
Maybe it's just today, but with the overload of digital posts, I feel myself
fading away, particularly now that I have at last come to understand why the
whole digital thing just doesn't really tickle my fancy and why, last month,
for about the same money, an old Mamiya RB67 Pro-S and a gaggle of lenses, et
al., interested me much more than a new Olympus E-1 and a cluster of its glass.
 It's really quite simple, and I am mystified and a little ashamed that I
hadn't figured it out sooner.

I feel much better now that it's all clear to me and I understand why I'm doing
what I'm doing.  Maybe I'll be a good old soldier and explain it all before I
pull a McArthur and fade away completely.  Not being confused and conflicted
anymore, I'm enjoying doing what I'm doing, which is exactly what I've been
doing for years, even more than before, when, for a while, I didn't understand
why I was still doing what I had been doing when other people who had been
doing what I was doing were suddenly doing something different.

Bottom line: none of us are wrong.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from