[OM] Re: Digital, digital, digital. Bah, humbug!

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital, digital, digital. Bah, humbug!
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 20:45:42 -0700 (PDT)
Joel "Mom always liked him best" Wilcox wrote:
> So does the 28/2, 90/2, and 180/2.8.  My 100/2.8 is good and
> sharp, but not as neutral as the others (warms things up
> noticeably -- little tweak to the auto WB might be all it
> needs, or just postprocess).  I have to leave
> something for Ken to sort out!

Thanks. I'm feeling a bit neglected.  Another day or two and
things should start arriving.  And maybe I'll start talking to
you again.

I'm sure that I'll flood the list with zillions of comments and
discoveries about Zuikos and the E-1.  The E-1 old-timers will
gently nod their heads and say "welcome to the club, ol chum."

But I'm still desparately awaiting any thoughts about
neutralizing the skintones a bit more.  I'm wondering if even a
skylight filter would be enough. Anything to just de-pink the
skin a touch. Possibly it's just needing old Silvernosed Zuikos.

To appease the old air-cramps on the list, my next wedding shoot
will be substantially B&W.  Delta 400 and the OM-2S and the
35/2.8.  Oh, what a combination!  There are certain
film/camera/lens combinations that rock, and that's one of them.
It's similar to Plus-X in the RB-67, in that it has a signiture
all it's own.  Or Tri-X in a Leica.  Or HP5+ in my 4x5!

I've been wondering if I'll shoot much of any Portra again and I
will through the end of 2005 just as backup for the critical
shots. No more than one roll, though.  But even that seems a
little redundant given the B&W duplication.  However, we'll see
how the 100/2.8 does on the E-1. If I can't get the Bokeh to
land right, I'll still be shooting a bunch of portraits in film
for a while yet.

How do you like that. I even highjacked Walt's FILM post and
turned it into an E-1 discussion.  I'm Baaaaaaaaaaad.

AG