[OM] Re: WTB Zuiko 24 shift

Subject: [OM] Re: WTB Zuiko 24 shift
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 22:15:56 -0700
Mike Hatam wrote:

>Regarding the Zuiko 18mm lens... I've seen two variations of this lens.  One
>has the letters "MC" on the body (near the front element), and one does not.
>
>I assumed that the one that does not have those letters was the SC version,
>but I must be wrong about that.

If you read the link I posted in my last reply about this, you would
know that Oly dropped the letter prefix indicating the number of
elements and added the indicator "MC" when they movd from SC to MC.
Years later, when it was a valid assumption that all lenses were
multi-coated, they simply dropped the "MC" from the front ring.

>Can anyone here shed any light on the difference in these two versions for
>of the Zuiko 18mm lens for me?

Yes, the only difference is that one front ring is marked MC and the
other isn't. Both are the same inside.

Moose