[OM] Re: Only for the brave of heart . . .

Subject: [OM] Re: Only for the brave of heart . . .
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 09:51:05 EDT

In a message dated 4/14/2005 4:44:18 AM Central Standard Time,
adamlong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

But of  course you have the 38/2.8 for this kind of thing... wouldn't that be
less  unwieldy than the set-up you describe?

Yes, it is.  As spring arrives (actually it is already here) and the  flowers
start blooming, the critters start roaming about and those who don't  live in
a semitropical area can go outside without two sweaters and an  overcoat, it
is time to start doing some serious outside photography.  I  guess we also
have seasons in our photography.  Seasons based on the  seasons of the year, as
well as, seasons based on the seasons of our life.

My post was really about encouraging folks to think outside the box and see
possibilities for the gear they already had in there stash closet.   Although
I do own the 38mm f2.8, there are times where I will come upon  something I
could use it with and not have it with me.  If I have it,  it is intentional as
it is not part of my walk around kit.  The three  pieces I mentioned
(extension tubes, a 2X and a 90mm macro) are frequently with  me at the same
time.

The second reason for my post was to see what others were doing that I had
either not tried or thought of doing.  Are you using the 135mm f4.5 on the
telescoping auto extension tube, the auto bellows or with parts of two sets  of
extension tubes.  Maybe there is another way.  What are you  using to reverse
the 49mm filter size lens onto the 55mm filter sized 135mm  f4.5 and how are
you attaching the flash?

This is getting way too complicated.  Guess I better keep the  38mm.  Bill
Barber