[OM] Re: Digital, etc., and going away

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital, etc., and going away
From: Rob Harrison <robhar@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 16:03:50 -0700
On 4/14/05 3:10 PM, "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I understand that some people get really excited over new technology and think
> it's the cat's meow and that anything that came before is just ignorant,
> worthless and backwards.

All who are even mildly inclined to agree with Walt--and _especially_ those
who vehemently disagree--owe it to themselves to read Wendell Berry's famous
essay "Why I Am Not Going to Buy A Computer" from his book of essays "What
Are PEOPLE For?" Wendell sure sounds a lot like Walt...or is it vice
versa...?

Read it...on your computer...here:
<http://www.tipiglen.dircon.co.uk/berrynot.html>

One of my absolute all-time favorite pieces of writing.

Rob in Seattle