[OM] ?? Mid-tele zoom w/49mm filters??

Subject: [OM] ?? Mid-tele zoom w/49mm filters??
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 13:28:27 -0400
Hi all;

Well, thought I had the lens I wanted/needed in the Tamron 70~150
f/3.5, but it has an odd flaw.  When zoomed out to 70mm, filter cannot
be accessed and thus polarizer cannot be controlled.  Sadly, it's
going to back from whence it came even though it's a fine lens
otherwise.

Any suggestions for another lens of similar description w/o that
'feature'?  Of course the Oly f/4.0 is on the list, but are there
others that use 49mm filters, are compact and relatively fast?  I'm
avoiding those that go to ~200 because they tend to get much slower.
Tokina, Tamron, Sigma, Soligar, Sears, Mattel . . .

I suppose it would be too much to ask for it to have a front element
that doesn't rotate!

Of course, if you have one that fits the criteria and want to sell it,
I'd be happy to hear from you.

TIA!/ScottGee1