[OM] Re: Lanscape's via PC stitching, was: Zuiko 18mm and 21mm

Subject: [OM] Re: Lanscape's via PC stitching, was: Zuiko 18mm and 21mm
From: Doug <dhsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 17:37:47 -0400
On Friday April 15 2005 2:18 pm, you wrote:
> I'm glad this has stirred some interest.
>
> First, I need to clarify a few things...
>
> I'm not doing normal "panoramas", which are horizontally oriented shots,
> stitched together on the sides, for a very wide perspective.
snip
  But I'm putting the body in
> portrait position, so each shot is 2x3.  Then when I stitch two side by
> side of those, I get a 4x3 format image.

>snip of a detail procedure.

Unless I'm missing something here. It would seem to me the best way to
accomplish what you want to do is with a view camera. It would seem to be
easier, cheaper, and quicker way to do it. There would be no need to chase
down rare and expensive lens. Any city of any size should be able to develope
the film and most likely scan it. It is a known technology were  many people
can help you solve problems. Even an average scan of a 4x5 inch piece of film
should provide 100 mega-pixels. I'm curious to see where your you are going
with this and how it comes out. -Doug