[OM] Eyecoupler and 1-12 Screen

Subject: [OM] Eyecoupler and 1-12 Screen
From: "Jay" <dreaded@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 12:44:07 -0700
Hello Oly fans,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

The 1-12 screen is stated to be used in photomicrography or in macro work
greater that 1:1, and that the eyecoupler should be used in conjunction with
the varimagnifier to assure a full screen view.

I finally got an eyecoupler and I don't seem to be seeing a greater size
screen view (OM4 with stacked lenses getting macro ranges of 2.7 to 7.1).
Am I missing something here or is the eyecoupler REALLY only advantageous
(in terms of screen size) when used in the Micro world.

On another subject; excuse the ignorance, what is a FANG?  I gather an
incredible buy, is it an acronym or is it named after someone (Phyllis
Diller's husband)?

Jay Drew