[OM] Re: Jumping on the E-1 bandwagon (was: E-1 FS in New Zealand)

Subject: [OM] Re: Jumping on the E-1 bandwagon (was: E-1 FS in New Zealand)
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 22:27:30 -0700 (PDT)
> Would it improve the artistic and technical quality of my
> photos?
> - No.

Artistic quality?  Totally dependant on the photographer.
Technical quality?  Highly likely!  I find that I shoot 20x the
pictures with the digitals than I did with film. My edit process
is pretty ruthless so I end up with the same number of pictures
in the end, but they are much better than my one-offs on film.

> Would it give me more satisfaction than using my OM-1 and 4
> cameras?
> - No.

I've had mine for a few weeks now, and it's getting there.  I do
miss the IMAX theatre viewfinder, though.  However, there is
something REALLY special about the OM cameras.

> Would it give me more satisfaction to press the print button
> on my computer
> rather than pulling a nice FB b&w print out of the fixer tray?
> - Definitely no.

For B&W I totally agree, however, for color photography I get
MUCH more satisfaction tweeking my shot than sending it out for
somebody else to trash it.

> So there you have it - even at one third of the normal price
> an E-1 kit is not on my horizon.

I'm a convert. After today's field trip with the E-1 and my
ancient, SC Zuikos I'm very excited about photography again.  I
bought mine (with 14-54) for about $1K USD.  It was, without a
doubt, the best thousand bucks I've spent this month.

AG

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide