[OM] Re: 4/16 fragment of my day

Subject: [OM] Re: 4/16 fragment of my day
From: "Scott and Barb" <martlet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 15:59:19 -0400

Joel Wilcox wrote:

Two photos for once, both with Tamron SP 80-200/2.8 on E-1:

http://soli.inav.net/~jdub/day/day36.html

Joel W.
As a long time list subscriber and still a very junior photographer I'd like
to say that the content of these pictures (a soccer picture and portrait)
are the same content as most of my shots with my OM & film.  Your offerings
really have my attention.  They are beautiful.

I am very curious about the ability to manually focus the Tamron lens in
sporting events.  Each week I obtain accurately exposed and focused shots of
my daughter's team using my OM2n and a vivitar 4.5 75-260mm (a lens I like
so much I now own two) with a standard focusing screen.

Joel - when taking soccer pictures when both zoom settings and focus change
rapidly, can you give some indication to the differences between the E1 and
the OM film bodies.  I'm very keen on the exceptional autofocus of my is-3
but not for sports - just a personal choice - so your use of the Tamron in
particular for sports is of great interest.

Thanks

Scott

Stone Mtn, GA  USA