[OM] Re: OM-EOS adapter?

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-EOS adapter?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 22:30:38 -0400
The following is extracted from an off-list message I sent to Mike Hatam
the other day since he had been talking about mounting the 24 shift on
his EOS camera.
-------------------------------

Anyhow, if you're talking about mouting an OM on an EOS mount camera I'm
sure that you know about the Camera Quest adapters here:
<http://www.cameraquest.com/frames/4saleReos.htm>

However, in the event that you haven't yet purchased an adapter I'll
point out that some less expensive ones do occassionally show up on
ebay.  Some caution is required, however, since not all have the lens
stop down pin required for operating like a pre-set lens.  In other
words, without that pin, turning the aperture ring doesn't actually
cause any mechanical action and one must use and hold the DOF preview
button.  Definitely not handy.

An exception is this seller:
<http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3328&item=7507584119&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW>
who is selling what appears to be an adapter as well made as the Camera
Quest adapters (actually supplied by Kindai in Japan) and from the
photos you can see it does, indeed, have the copper colored stop down
pin on the inside edge of the mount. (far right photo).

He doesn't have one listed all of the time and he only puts them up one
at a time.  He waits for one to sell before listing another.  It's
probably best to use the buy-it-now price since he then includes free
shipping which, if paid separately, would cost almost as much as the
opening bid + shipping.  He may be away since, although he doesn't
always have the OM-EOS adapter listed, he usually has other equipment
and other types of adapters listed.

I've been watching his sales for awhile bacause I've been mentally
prepping myself to buy a Canon 20D.  However, the Olympus E-1 and
Minolta 7D have enough attractive features that I haven't been able to
get off the fence.  Hard to do after almost 30 years of OM ownership.

Chuck Norcutt