[OM] Re: what's a fang?

Subject: [OM] Re: what's a fang?
From: "Toona" <toona@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 13:54:36 +1000
I too had wondered about 'fang' for a bargain, but to be honest I did not
ever want to use it.

This is because when I was growing up to 'fang' was to race about, eg on
bikes, in cars etc. Example: 'to fang it' meant to put one's foot down and
accelerate strongly. I might still use the phrase!

I had thought that the new use of fang was part of the 'globalisation' of
the English language (yes, this is a euphemism) and YET another bit of the
(formerly) creative Australian idiomatic language going.

But maybe I was wrong...and I wonder if Doris fanged about on her
bikes.

Message sent using
Unisurf Webmail Server