[OM] Re: Lanscape's via PC stitching,

Subject: [OM] Re: Lanscape's via PC stitching,
From: Daniel Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 15:38:39 -0600
Tom Scales wrote:
> The problem with a backpack is that I can't wear it, as we're on a tandem
> and there is not enough room between us. That would mean my wife would have
> to wear it which
>
> a) she wouldn't do
> b) she couldn't do

 Hm, I didn't realise there was that little clearance between front and back --
the one I use to tote water/repair kit/etc around only sits maybe 8" off my
back at most, but I suppose there's aerodynamic advantages to being right up
next to one another.

 Panniers? It'd be a bit rattlier, but if you got something like this:

http://www.santanainc.com/dualmoto.html

it would solve that problem, and you could put on one of those seatpost-mounted
rear racks to keep it suspended relative to the road. Those have a 30lb weight
limit or something, that's still a fair bit of camera kit. I guess it's getting
further and further away from 'quick' -- possibly you could look at sewing
pannier hooks onto the back of a camera bag and a stiffening plate in there to
keep it from swinging around too much, but I'll admit it's a trickier problem
than I'd first thought.

 -- dan