[OM] Re: Lanscape's via PC stitching,

Subject: [OM] Re: Lanscape's via PC stitching,
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 14:52:35 -0700 (PDT)
Tom,

For carrying camera eq on a bicycle, I'm a fan of Cannondale
bags. Their "Caboose" is a nice insulated bag with a hard
plastic inner shell. I've managed to carry quite a bit of kit
inside the thing. The D2X may need to have the lens removed,
though.  Another Cannondale option is the larger handlebar bag.
It's not insulated or padded, but go to wally world and pick up
a foam excercise mat and some adhesive. In a half-hour, the bag
is insulated, padded and should be just the right size for the
D2X with normal zoom.

The "Caboose" requires a rear rack, but these can be acquired
and mounted easily enough. Unless I load up the saddlebags, I
just use a seatpost clamping rear rack.  My small tripod lays on
top of the Caboose and is bungie-corded in place.

I've mountain biked with both.

The advantage of the handlebar-bag is that it's right there with
you and you don't need to dismount from the bike. The
disadvantage is that it adds a little weight to the steering. If
the handlebars are the drop style you'll feel a little cramped
at first, but if the handlebars are the mountain-bike style
you'll be in very good shape.

A couple of questions:
1. Is the tandem bike a road style or MTB style?
2. Does it have a suspension fork?
3. Titanium or aluminium?
4. Rear suspension?
5. Paper or plastic?

The build quality and material quality of the Cannondale stuff
is very good. I spent hundreds on a full-blown touring outfit
and this stuff will last my lifetime.

Side note:  I bought a Cannondale dufflebag around 1991 or 1992
and have overstuffed the thing and travelled with it for
literally hundreds of trips. It's getting a little threadbare in
places but it keeps going and going and going...  Best piece of
"luggage" I've ever owned.

BTW, anybody else doing RAIN this year?

AG-hack up a lung-Schnozz

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide