[OM] Re: Tamron Adaptal versus Adaptall 2 mounts

Subject: [OM] Re: Tamron Adaptal versus Adaptall 2 mounts
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 18:28:02 -0400
I have a Tamron 24/2.5 Adaptall that I bought new about 1980 give or
take a year or so.  It appears to be the 01B model which began
production in 1979.
<http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_pagecontent?lp=ja_en&trurl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.tamron.co.jp%2fdata%2fa2-lens%2f01b.htm>
This page (I think) says to use an Adaptall 2 mount with this lens.
The original mount doesn't even say Adaptall on it... only "OL" and
"Japan" so I had always assumed it was the original Adaptall.    Anyhow,
I have since acquired an Adaptall 2 mount that is clearly labeled as
such.  Other than labeling it appears to be the same thing and works the
same way.  Both have a DOF preview slide.

I was going to tell you sure, go ahead and use the Adaptall 2.  Now I
just noticed that both rear caps for my adapters say "Adaptall 2".  Now
I don't know what I've got.

Chuck Norcutt