[OM] Re: Model Release Form?

Subject: [OM] Re: Model Release Form?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 20:41:04 -0400
Olympus User wrote:

> Does anybody have a generic Model Release form in PDF or Doc?
>
> As I start to take more and more pics of models, I thinking I should
> prepare myself with some CYA..
>

> Albert

Simple one:

                                MODEL RELEASE

For valuable consideration received, I hereby give ___________________
the right to use photographs taken of me this date for publishing,
illustration, advertising, trade or promotion, or any other use in any
medium for any purpose. I release ___________________ from any claims
and demands coming out of the use of the photographs, including all
claims for libel. This release also covers ___________________'s legal
representatives and any licensees of these photographs. I understand
that these photographs will be copyrighted in ___________________’s name
and may be used in conjunction with others as part of a composite, or in
any form whatsoever.

I am over 21 years of age, and fully understand the terms of this release.

Witness: ____________________________________

Signed: _____________________________________

Date: _______________________________________

Less simple one:

                             MODEL RELEASE

For valuable consideration received, receipt of which I acknowledge as
payment in full for my services as a  model and for the permission
herein granted, I hereby irrevocably consent to and authorize the
reproduction, publication, and/or sale by ___________________, and his
licensees and  assigns, of the photographs identified below, in any
medium, in whole part or  in conjunction with other photographs, in any
medium and for any lawful purpose, including illustration, promotion, or
advertising, without any further compensation to me.

I understand that ___________________ is a stock photographer and that
these photographs will be included in his stock files. I agree that the
photographs, the transparencies thereof, and the right to copyright the
same, shall be the sole property of ___________________ with full right
of lawful disposition in any manner.

I waive any right to notice or approve of any use of the photographs
which ___________________ may make or authorise, and I release,
discharge, and  agree to save ___________________, and his licensees and
assigns, harmless from any claim or liability in connection with the use
of the photographs as aforesaid or by virtue of any alteration,
processing, or use thereof in  composite form, whether intentional or
otherwise.

PHOTOGRAPHS

Description