[OM] Re: OM-1 mercury cells / adapter / recalibration

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-1 mercury cells / adapter / recalibration
From: Karl-Hans Lehnet <lehnet@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 11:38:05 +0200
Simon,

an adapter reduces the voltage by 0.2 V from 1.55 V to 1.35 V with a
Schottky diode (1N6263 o.a. ) and does not any kind of voltage
stabilization. So if the voltage of  the silver cells drops down to 1.5
V,  the adapter delivers 1.3 V. On the other hand, the voltage-over-time
characteristic of the silver cells are similar to the quicksilver cells,
both deliver a very constant voltage over their lifetime, and this is
the reason you can use the adapter with the 1.55 V silver cell for
replacing the quicksilver cell.

Charlie L.