[OM] Re: More on lens resolution

Subject: [OM] Re: More on lens resolution
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 12:28:17 +0200
I have been following this resolution stuff with interest especially as
I invested in a new 180f2 a couple of years ago, with the intention of
using it on a DSLR body when the time came, so with all this talk of
digital glass being able to resolve more lpmm I began wondering if I had
made another of my famous mess ups in dream purchases.

but it appears that the limit in measurements discussed previously may
be the film and not the lens, okay its not an issue for me yet, but a
few years down the line it may well be.

link worth a read, but if I understood it correctly it says the the lens
has no problem seeing more detail than the film - with figures of
650+lpmm possible from 35mm SLR lenses.
These figures measured using a microscope on a film plane reading an in
focus test chart.

http://medfmt.8k.com/mf/lenslpm.html

Of course it's not that simple and contrast comes in play, but my moneys
on the old zuiko's (literally) keeping up with the modern glass for a
while yet.