[OM] Re: Holy cow Batman, did you see what that fours thirds adapter sol

Subject: [OM] Re: Holy cow Batman, did you see what that fours thirds adapter sold...
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 09:42:20 EDT

In a message dated 4/19/2005 8:11:49 AM Central Standard Time,
wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Without  the adapter,
> my only other choice would have been  the digital  Zuiko 300mm
> f2.8 and 1.4X,
> which I have no plans to buy  at  $6000 or $7000.    Bill Barber

I think you have plenty of alternatives, check out the cameraquest  site, 4/3
to various other mounts, you could mount some nice Nikon, Contax,  M42 or
Leica glass on that E-1 in addition to  OM.

Perhaps I should have been more specific.  It would seem to me that  Olympus
could provide a little more customer service to those who had "brought  them
to the dance."  Those of us who use their previous professional camera  gear
(Olympus OM) and have migrated to the e-1 digital are the ones I feel they
should most strongly support.  Cameraquest does, in fact offer many choices
for
loyal users of other manufacturers lenses, however that is what they need to
be doing as a specialty products supplier.  Olympus, IMHO, needs to support
long tern Olympus customers.  At $175 the Cameraquest adapter is no great
bargain (unless you need one and it is the only place you can get it).   This
adapter is after all, essentially no more or no less than a manual  extension
tube.
 Cameraquest doesn't need to sell it at a reasonable price,  however it would
seem to me that Olympus should make it available at a more  reasonable price
to support their current customers as the only people who would  have a need
for the adapter are those of us who are both previous and  current customers.
Bill Barber