[OM] Re: Bicycling and shooting

Subject: [OM] Re: Bicycling and shooting
From: "Dean Tyler" <dtyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 16:30:57 -0400
My OM vehicle is a Rudge 3-speed.  I found it submerged in a pond near my
home.  It was a summer project to clean and restore.  What a fun bike.  I
also have a Bianchi mountain bike that is very nice, but the Rudge is more
fun to ride.  No problem with the LowePro backpack since I sit straight up
and have a springer saddle (joy).  The bike is deceptively fast on the
flats, but a tank going up hills (due to gearing, weight, rider position and
the physical shape of the cyclist!).  I thought about a basket for the
front, but my manhood couldn't handle it.

About 5 years ago, I should my road bike.  Hand built Italian with Roval
wheels and Campy Record components (those Delta brakes were too cool).  What
a dumb move.  I have regretted every since.  I thought a new mountain bike
with a front shock would be better.  I was wrong.

Hence, I won't sell my OM for digital.

Dean