[OM] Re: OT scam virus?

Subject: [OM] Re: OT scam virus?
From: David Thatcher <davidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 00:57:48 +0930
On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 08:36:10AM -0400, John Hermanson wrote:
> Here's a new one.  Someone sends you an email and says that somehow HE is
> getting your email on his account.  So far, 10 emails have come in. As a
> 'favor' he's compressed them into a zip file and attached them.  Attached
> file is about 74K.  More likely it's a virus, worm, trojan.  Mail originates
> from Denmark. Do not open.

Hi All,

I second that motion... Unless your virus scanner is _right_ up to date,
it will get through. several messages of got through our corporate
scanner until about 10am today. Fortunately we don't use windoze
locally, & a quick check of it using unix unzip showed it's true nature
(the zip file contains an executable - which can't be unzipped further-
very suspect, given that they have apparently zipped up text).

Please find text of a suspect mail below, (only attachment detail shown
as I see it in my text based mailer, no antisocial file attached!!!)

Judicious use of the delete key (with extreme prejudice) is advised...

careful with those mouse button(s),
davidt
Adelaide, South Australia

----------------- Nasty virus-spawining e-mail text----------------------