[OM] Re: [ON TOPIC] Is the Olympus list already dying?

Subject: [OM] Re: [ON TOPIC] Is the Olympus list already dying?
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 23:51:24 -0300
on 20/04/2005 20:50, GMcGrath@xxxxxxx at GMcGrath@xxxxxxx, wrote:

> Of course, there are some who have felt the list got too far off topic for
> their needs or desires, and they are no longer participants.

Formerly I was subscribed to a list who was so much on-topic
(TNT-audioaddicts) that they only talked about how to damp vibration and
microphonics on Marantz CD-Players, like the 63SE. Once in a while someone
asked why they didn't talk about music.
I read those threads, even learned how to tweak the biggest Yamaha CDP.
Terribly boring.

Currently, I'm subscribed to a list devoted to Ornette Coleman's music. Once
in a while, a mail is posted. Until now I could answer only one question
(regarding the meaning of the title of some Ornette's compositions who made
reference to S.Freud works) - and recently there was *one* OT post which I
found interesting, and several answers were posted: What's a 'blog'?

Photography is such a complex thing that I think few topics could be off,
albeit I think this list is too technical-biased and understandably (sp?)
commercially biased. Fine for me, I prefer it so. But I do like to know what
do the OM-photographers think about everything and anything, and what do
they do in their private lives too, so long the are willing to tell. I only
delete posts which are too much closed-in in dual relationships between
members or are too (I mean TOO) closed in within the culture of some
country.

Soon to be uploaded to the TOPE site is a selfportait.

My 0,02 = 0.00076923077 usd

Fernando