[OM] Re: Event shooting - postmortem

Subject: [OM] Re: Event shooting - postmortem
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 12:57:11 -0700 (PDT)
> even though I'm not much interested in the digital stuff,
> these are always
> fascinating insights, and reminders of why I'm glad I'm not,
> and never want to be, in that business!

Thanks. I tried to put some general imaging comments in there
too--especially the note on the batteries.

Sometimes an event shoot has similarities to a wedding shoot.
This is one of those.  I haven't shot a wedding yet with the
E-1, but will not hesitate now.  Last year I shot the event with
the A1, but used the OM/IS-3 as backup gear. This year I shot
primarily with the E-1 and used the A1 as backup.

I'll be making a couple configuration changes to my setup, but
haven't really given much time to think about it yet.  I will be
using the A1 more--I know that much.  May actually go back to
using it on the Stroboframe and using the E-1 for ambient light
and studio light shots.

Oh, I just picked up a 512MB memory card for $39 USD.  You
realize that when shooting RAW+JPEG that's almost the same per
image cost as film+processing?

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com