[OM] Re: Olympus Odyssey - Update 21 Apr 05

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus Odyssey - Update 21 Apr 05
From: JOHN DUGGAN <john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 22:44:23 +0100 (BST)
Simon,
      Repeat after me..."The original OM was the
OLYMPUS M !"  :<)  Now if we could only send that I
would have second thoughts in passing it on.
        On a serious note an OM1 serviced by John H is
a joy to use! A year or two ago (at least) he serviced
a number  of mine and the result was amazing. Those of
you who have not used this camera before might
understand why this is STILL my favourite OLYMPUS
body. The wind on is of the "knife through butter
variety" and the shutter speed ring is far easier to
use compared to later models as the pentaprism housing
does not  overhang the ring......Digital..BAHH HUMBUG!
    Now all we need is Morgan Sparks leathers....
                  Regards, John Duggan. Wales UK.
  ( I wonder what is the chance of the camera being in
my hands for the wedding of my youngest daughter in
August) now that would be SPECIAL!

 I must say I'm pleased it's an OM in the
> end. I just feel it's
> right to have an OM for the OM list, and in
> particular the OM-1 as the
> "original".
> Simon

Regards