[OM] OT Stereo Microscopes F.S.

Subject: [OM] OT Stereo Microscopes F.S.
From: Tim Hughes <timhughes@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 17:40:58 -0700 (PDT)
I bought a number of brand new industrial stereo microscopes from a local
distributer who is closing up shop. The ones I am selling are stereo inspection
microscopes (not brightfield) with 10X widefield eyepieces and overal 20x and
40x magnification selected with a knob.  They come with normal ~5" setback
focusing stand and black/white surface matt stage. They are NOT zoom
microscopes.  They do not include a light but can be used with a gooseneck lamp
or a standard flourescent microscope ringlight.

Stereo is really great for looking at 3d objects like bugs,flowers or doing
surface mount repair/soldering camera repair etc.
You could hook up your OM using a standard eyepiece to OM TMount adapter,
although you might need a lower power eyepiece to get magnification and
distances to film plane right. For lipstick digi-cameras they seem to use about
0.5X eyepiece and I think for 35mm they use 5X. I have such an adapter for my
OM but the magnification is not marked.

$90 plus shipping (at cost) in the US. Would prefer to sell in SF Bay Area, so
I don't have to ship them, as the custom foam packaging is bulky and the
microscope and base together are pretty heavy.

If interested contact me off list for more information/pictures.

Tim Hughes