[OM] Re: RAW

Subject: [OM] Re: RAW
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 04:50:02 -0700 (PDT)
> Well, I wish I knew for sure ahead of time which shots I was
> sure I
> would never want to enhance in some way or later decide to
> print large.

Almost 100% of my industrial photography is JPEG.
Almost 100% of my personal "art" photography is RAW.
I'm in transition, but whenever possible, I'm going to shoot
Events in RAW.
Portraits are RAW.
Weddings are RAW.
Practice photography is usually JPEG.  You DO practice, don't
you?

> And the other news is.... You can capture the whole brightness
> range of
> very contrasty scenes and later decide where and how much to
> crop and/or
> compress the dynamic range to suit your final display medium.

Not to mention white balance.

AG