[OM] Re: RAW

Subject: [OM] Re: RAW
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 23:02:15 +0800
You encouraged me to try C1 3.7, just made a comparison with Olympus RAW:

Shooting data: DZ 50-200 at 50mm, 1/200s, F2.8, ISO200 White balance 5300K.

Olympus RAW +0.2 stop, sharpness -5, others at default "0"

http://www.accura.com.hk/Oly.jpg

C1 RAW, no exposure compensation, use camera white balance, disable sharpen
on output, noise filters "0", color saturation "0"

http://www.accura.com.hk/C1.jpg

Although they render differently but both are quite nice, I wouldn't say C1
is much better in skin tone. Even without any sharpening, C1 start to show
artifacts on the lip when viewing at 200%, very sad to see they just spent
too little effort on E-1 (while they did very well for C*non RAW).

C.H.Ling