[OM] Re: Tripods

Subject: [OM] Re: Tripods
From: "John A. Lind" <jalind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 12:38:10 -0500
At 07:43 AM 4/26/2005, you wrote:

>I almost exclusively shoot from a tripod whenever I can. However, in the
>uk there is a lot of places that simply will not allow you to do so.

There are numerous locales here that won't allow it . . . usually because
it blocks access to something, or clogs up pedestrian traffic, or creates a
"trip hazard."  Under those conditions, a monopod is better than nothing at
all.  I also look for solid objects on which to brace the camera . . .
sometimes with my hand or a "bean bag" between the body/lens and whatever
I'm bracing it against.

I've also had a couple occasions in which the use of a tripod results in a
"prima facie" assumption the user of it is a professional doing "stock" or
"commercial" work.

-- John Lind